That’s quite easy task to sniff traffic on real Android device (steps are for Windows PC).
- You need HTTP sniffer application named Fiddler (http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/). Download and install it.
- Run Fiddler and go to tools/Fiddler options/Connections – set “allow remote computers to connect”. Restart Fiddler.
- Run ipconfig of see in “control panel” your IP address
- Your Android device and your PC must be in one WiFi network to be connected
- Go to Android device WiFi connection settings and setup proxy
Use your PC IP address and port 8888
You can also use Charles for MacOS/Linux/Windows (http://www.charlesproxy.com/) in the same way.